What a great time we had at the Campbell Christmas of 2010! ! All of our family was together, with the exception of Danny. He was in our thoughts and prayers. He did call, so we still were able to briefly visit with him.
The following are some of the Christmas highlights of the celebration:
- All the family went Ice Skating at the BOK CENTER on Monday afternoon. Not all of us skated, but the non-skaters enjoyed watching the others on the ice.
- On Monday night, Grandpa and Grandma had a Pajama Party for the grandkids, and they all attended. Lily and Erich had to leave at about 10:00 PM.
- We made sugar cookies with the grandkids and everyone helped decorate and eat them.
- We also enjoyed pizza at the pajama party. No one liked the cheeseburger pizza however! ! ! !
- After supper, the grandkids painted some craft items. Lily enjoyed the play dough. She even put some of the play dough in her ears. (I sure hope we got it all out!!)
- Gifts made by grandma (hats, scarfs and gloves) were opened.
- Everyone picked an English Walnut off the Christmas tree. There was a surprise in each of the Walnuts. Chris said when he opened his (which contained $.76): “Is this a joke?” Bill and I both laughed out loud. Lily was thrilled with her quarters.
- With our pajamas on and our pillows around us we watched the movie: “Elf“.
- When we awakened the next morning, we enjoyed Belgian Waffles.
- We also played some UNO.
- Elly celebrated her 9th birthday on Tuesday.
- Grandpa and Grandma were given a Keurig Coffeemaker by the children. We love it!!
- Everyone enjoyed Tuesday evening with Jim & Linda in their home. We especially want to thank Jim for doing the grilling.
Thank you to all our children for sharing their children (our grandchildren) with us. They are all so great and special!!
It all ended much too quickly ! ! ! ! ! ! Now, we must wait for the holidays at the end of 2011! ! ! ! ! !